Topic 1: Introducing Social Enterprise
This topic covers the basics of social enterprise: what is social enterprise and social entrepreneurship, the different types of social enterprise and other for-purpose business forms, deciding if your organisation is a social enterprise, and the Victorian social enterprise ecosystem.
Once you have watched the videos and had a go at the Workbook exercises, make sure to register for the Topic 1 Workshop – it will really help your thinking!
There are three videos in this topic.
- Finding Australia’s social enterprise sector (FASES): Final report 2016
- Finding Australia’s social enterprise sector (FASES): other reports
- Social Traders: What is a social enterprise – social enterprise definition
- Bloom & Dees article: Cultivate your ecosystem
- Victorian Government: Social Enterprise Strategy
- Map for Impact: Report and database
- Victorian Government: Social procurement framework
- Intermediary organisations: Social Traders; SEFA; Social Ventures Australia; ACRE
- Specialist intermediary organisations and practitioners: NFP Law; Justice Connect; The Social Studio; TDi; Social Change Central; StartSomeGood
- Victorian social enterprise network: SENVIC
Workbook exercises for this Topic
There is one exercise for Topic 1: Introducing Social Enterprise in the Workbook. Give it a go! This exercise will help you to think about the different types of social enterprise and how that affects decision making.