Topic 4: Thinking About Feasibility
This topic brings all the Fundamentals knowledge together to learn how to assess the feasibility of a social enterprise idea and consider next steps.
There are three videos in this topic.
- Everything you need is in the video!
- Social Traders: Intermediary & social procurement https://www.socialtraders.com.au/
- SEFA: Financial solutions https://www.sefa.com.au/
- Social Ventures Australia: Impact investing https://www.socialventures.com.au/
- NFP Law: Legal advice https://www.nfplaw.org.au/
- TDi: Investment readiness https://tdi.org.au/
- Social Change Central: Funding opportunities https://www.socialchangecentral.com/
- StartSomeGood: Crowdfunding platform https://startsomegood.com/
- White Box Financial: https://whiteboxfinancial.com/
- Social Impact Hub: https://www.socialimpacthub.org/
- Customisable tool: Where to look for early-stage social enterprise support https://www.socialstartupstudio.com.au/early-stage-social-enterprise-support-hybridity-and-the-hollies-2/
- Social Startup Studio’s Aviate program https://www.socialstartupstudio.com.au/studio-aviate-program/
Workbook exercises for this Topic
There are 5 exercises for Topic 4: Thinking About Feasibility in the Workbook. Give them a go! These exercises will help you to examine your estimates of revenue and expenses, assess your business model, and explore options for next steps.